Sunday, January 18, 2009

K1 Speed 1/18/09

The Whole Gang!
(Yes, we're colorful, we know!)

The Winners!

Beli...Wonka Candy, #5 1/2


Sophie...Chiquita Bananas, #1

Katie-poo...Kissables, # 3 1/2


Our fancy racing shirts!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Grandpa Dean!

Grandpa Dean turned 60 this weekend, so to celebrate we all got together and took him to K1 Speed in Anaheim. We all had a lot of fun racing each other around a winding track...for 42 laps! Lauren and I made racing shirts for everyone; each with their favorite number and sponsor on the front and back. Jamie's sponsor was Newcastle, of course...and mine was Tabasco Sauce because I'm hot (Jamie's suggestion) and because of Roswell! The colored shirts made it extra easy to see who was sneaking up behind us. Jamie came in 3rd...only after the two "experienced racers" (Danny & Nellie)! Oh, and I came in 6th...primarily because I was able to keep Lauren from passing me. Sorry, Lauren!

Even though Isabel, Kaitlin and Sophie didn't get to race, they still got racing shirts. Isabel's sponsor was Wonka Candy, Katie's was Hershey's Kissables and Sophie's was Chiquita Banana...all pretty self-explanatory!
*Note to self...wear padding next time!!!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see and hear that you had such a great time at our location in Anaheim. Hopefully we'll see you soon and your girls will be tall enough to join in on the fun!

    Regards,
    Nadia
    K1 Speed
    Online Editor

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did the racing place see your pictures? Pretty random!!! Looks like you guys had fun! Will you take me there when I turn 60?

    ReplyDelete