Saturday, April 7, 2012

Dying Eggs

I think our day before Easter has been the same for the past few years...Easter egg hunt in the morning, Easter egg dying in the afternoon.

Since the girls already dyed eggs the traditional way with Gran Gran a few weeks ago, I figured it was a perfect time to try something new...
Kool-Aid dyed eggs!


 Waiting for her green egg...


 Bored already???

 She couldn't resist tasting the dye.



 The only color that came out dark/bright.


 Jamie sat and made a video of the festivities on his phone...I totally need an iPhone!


Since the eggs weren't too bright, the girls wanted to glue a bunch of stuff on the eggs...maybe we should've waited a bit longer for the dye to dry.

It seemed like a cool concept, but quite honestly we ended up with some pretty ugly eggs!
The girls didn't have the patience to keep them in the Kool-Aid long enough to get good colors...I wasn't even patient enough.

Oh well, we had fun anyway. We'll try something new again next year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment