Traveling in style...Mexican style! (I can say that, my kids are half Mexican!)
Daddy & Beli
Playing in the sand with Roro
So happy!
Modeling their new dresses...They picked them out!
Swimming with just floaties!
Funny girl!
I "borrowed" this picture from Reed & Chris' online album.
30 seconds later, she fell back into the fountain!
Strike a pose
Beli having fun!
Sophie DRINKING the salsa!
Sophie dropped the poor little gecko on his head, several times!
Proof that I was on the trip too!Our trip to Sayulita, Mexico finally arrived. We had so much fun. It was a very relaxing vacation-we can't wait to go back sometime. There's not too much to do in Sayulita so we spent most of our time playing in the pool (or by the pool for those of us who don't like freezing cold water) and checking out the beach and the small shops in town.
On Friday, we met up with Gran Gran, Grandpa Greg, Reed, Christine, Gavin and Ronan...after a very long cab ride to the house. It only took 30 minutes to get to Sayulita from the airport, but the cab driver drove around the small town for an hour and a half trying to find Villa PCasso...our rental house! We had a few near misses in the pool; Katie slipped off a step in the pool and went under water within the first 20 minutes of being at the house. I had to jump in to get her...fully clothed, might I add! She actually was able to keep her head above the water until I got to her. Isabel did the same thing the next day, but Jamie was there to save her. Luckily for him, he was in his swim shorts! I think it's time for swimming lessons, Aunt Lauren.
The girls really liked the beach...I guess we'll have to take them more this summer. Katie enjoyed building sand castles and Isabel and Sophie had fun jumping and splashing in the waves. I actually had fun with that too! Everything in Mexico was so inexpensive. We got a bunch of cute dresses for the girls and some really good tacos-made special for us! Lots of bugs though! We all got a few mosquito bites and Isabel ended up with about 30 "other bug" bites. Thankfully, they didn't itch and went away rather quickly. On Saturday night, we watched fireworks from our room that were over the beach. Katie thought they were from Disneyland.
It was a great trip. All of the kids got along really well and no one got sick (which is amazing!) The girls did really well on the plane-both ways. We even had a celebrity sighting on both flights. Lisa Ling, Guiliana Rancic and Bill Rancic were on our flights! Lisa and Guiliana sat right behind us on the way home-we're great friends now! Just kidding, but we did get to have a few conversations with them.




Love the dresses, so festive! Looks like you guys had a great time! Makes me want summer to come NOW!
ReplyDeleteI'm so jealous...I love Mexico, it's my favorite place to vacation. Looks like you had a lot of fun! Can't believe Katie fell in the pool...how scary!
ReplyDeleteTwo comments:
ReplyDelete1) LOVE those dresses!!! I bet the girls wore them every day on the the trip and want to wear them every day now! The colors are soooo great on them too!
2) I would love to give my neices swim lessons!!! I can teach all them how to be water safe, so next time, if they fall in, they can swim to the side of the pool and Mamma can stay dry. Daddy can still jump in, but it sucks jumping in fully clothed!!! So sorry you had to do that, but quick reflexes!!!