Just 2 weeks after it became wiggly, Kaitlin lost her first tooth!
And so begins the funny, holey smiles.
As the girls were getting ready to go to Grandma's house, Kaitlin showed me her super wiggly tooth and she pointed out that her permanent teeth on the bottom were already starting to poke through the skin. So, I figured that tooth would probably be coming out that evening. Selfishly, I wanted to be there when it fell out, so I urged her to try to pull it out herself before we left.
She tried...but it didn't work. Bummer. I guess it was my turn to give it a try...ugh...
I grabbed a piece of toilet paper, because there was no way I was touching it without. I pulled up a little, Kaitlin made a little noise, I pulled up a little more...and then POP, out it came.
I'm so thankful I get to be around for the little things...like lost teeth!
I'm thankful I had the courage to pull that tooth out, so I didn't miss it.
And I'm super thankful that little guy popped out easily!
****************
Updated 11/19/11
The Tooth Fairy visited Kaitlin that night.
She brought her $5 (since it's her first tooth), a fairy wand, some fairy paper and a pen, a note (much like the one she left for Isabel...hard to be original at 1am) and she sprinkled Kaitlin with fairy dust before she left.
The next tooth is pretty wiggly, too, so I'm sure the Tooth Fairy will be back very soon!





Love the toothless smile!!
ReplyDelete