Wednesday, September 2, 2009

First Day of 1st Grade 9/02/09

Isabel picked out her 1st day of school outfit.
She already looks older!

Getting nervous...

Time to take pictures at her new desk!

Had to get a shot of her new backpack!

Off to class...that's her nervous face... =(

It's Isabel's first day of 1st grade! It's so exciting and kind of sad all wrapped up in one.

She had a great day! When I picked her up, I asked her what she did today and her response was, "we had a snack, played, then ate a popsicle, played on the playground, ate lunch, played outside, oh, I got to play with Sophia, and then we did work, more work and more work." Sounds like a pretty great day to me! She wants to go back tomorrow, so that's a good sign.

Beli has Mrs. Allen again this year. Mrs. Allen is teaching a kinder/1st grade split class this year (last year was her first year NOT teaching a split class or 1st grade in a while.) Although I was thrilled that Beli got Mrs. Allen again, I wasn't too happy about her class assignment, at first. But we were relieved once we had a chance to talk to Mrs. Allen. She told us that it is a compliment that Beli is in the split class. She was picked for this class because she works well independently and will be a great example to the kindergartners. The school had too many 1st graders for their two 1st grade classes and not enough kinder students for their two kinder classes. Beli will definitely be doing 1st grade work and will do centers, math and social studies with the other 2 1st grade classes; she will have lots of contact with the other 1st grade classes (this was a major concern of ours). The greatest part of this is for the last 2 1/2 hours of the day, there will only be 7 students (all 1st grade) for the 1 teacher...she is going to get some great attention!!!

Oh, and by the way...this was another day of smiles for me. It's great to see Isabel growing up. She's such a joy to be around!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad everything worked out and that Beli had a good day! I hope she has a great school year!! Still can't get over the fact she is in 1st grade already though...she looks so mature in all the pictures...and so pretty too! Love the backpack!

    ReplyDelete