Friday, January 8, 2010

Sew Fun! 01/08/10

Blowing bubbles! Rudy spent HOURS entertaining these little rugrats...I bet he's exhausted tonight!
Here's the new cushion!

Sisters are great, aren't they? I'm so glad we ended up with 3 girls...and I'm glad I ended up with 2 sisters! Nellie, Lauren and Rudy all came over today to hang out (and to sew with me)! Lauren used to sew and wants to start up again, so she and I worked on a new seat cushion for Isabel's chair (she moved to an adult chair, but she's still a little too short). Lauren has a new job around here...ironing ties/straps! I made them and Lauren ironed them and she did a darn good job! I sewed my first zipper in to the cushion cover too and it came out pretty well. (If I had a zipper foot, I'm sure it would've been perfect! ;-) I wanted to add pipping too, but the 3 stores that I checked were out of the cord I needed. Next time!

Rudy was so kind to play with Katie-poo and Sophie (and later, Beli) for HOURS! He's so great with the girls and they really have a lot of fun with him! I'm glad y'all came over!!!
I got a couple new books this week (thanks, Keri)...I can't wait to get started on some fun projects!

1 comment:

  1. Love the play on words in your title! The seat cushion looks great. My mom's birthday is in April, so if you are up for making one for her rocking chair I know she'd love it. I guess you have to see and measure the chair first. We'll figure it out, if you are up for it. Rudy looks like a fun "uncle"!

    ReplyDelete