Monday, January 18, 2010

A Wet Day at Disneyland! 01/17/10

Poor Sophie...she spent a lot of time waiting for everyone else to get on/off the rides. But on the plus side, she did get more fruit snacks than anyone else...shhhh...

Star Tours!

Can't pass up Buzz Lightyear!
I got the highest score, thank you very much...143,500...I think that's my highest score ever!

Group Hug!!!

Not sure what Ronan was doing...but check out Sophie in the back! =)

Spinning on the Rockets! (Before the rain!)

Ready for some Pirates!
(You can tell Ronan isn't one of our kids...he doesn't love the camera like the girls do!)

Cotton Candy in the rain...gotta eat it fast...which is no problem for the girls!

Sophie and I found Woody and Jessie...and the goats...while everyone else was on Big Thunder Mountain.


Isabel's first time on Indiana Jones! She liked it!

Happy kids with CANDY!

Getting ready to go on Space Mountain!
Yes, these two rode space Mountain for the first time. Beli said she'll go again...Kaitlin said she'll go again when she is 16!

Our day at Disneyland started out sunny and kind of warm (in the sun, at least)...but it ended very wet and cold! We expected the rain to hit sometime during the day, but it came a couple hours earlier than we thought. We knew it was going to rain and yet none of us brought an umbrella, poncho or jacket. I guess the weather forecasters actually got it right this time! That's ok though, we had hoods on our sweatshirts. Plus, the girls are always asking to play in the rain...and I don't think there's a better place to play than at Disneyland!

It wasn't too crowded today and once it started to rain the crowds thinned out a bit. The kids had so much fun together. We went on a bunch of "big kid" rides today and didn't do too much in Fantasy Land...which is different for us. We did go on Small World, which is still decorated for Christmas...which is kind of strange because all the other decorations have been taken down. Thankfully, the rain let up just long enough for the girls and I to walk out of the park and get to our car.

For the future, don't go on The Jungle Cruise when it's raining...apparently the awning on the boat doesn't really do great job of keeping the rain out!

One cute thing that I don't want to forget...when I got off Space Mountain, Sophie came up to me and said, "I missed you Mama. I missed you and I love you." Awww, so cute!
It was a great day...even with the rain. I wish Reed, Christine & the boys lived closer so we could do this more often!

3 comments:

  1. Katie and Beli rode Space Mountain - Wow! Scary! Looks like Sophie had lots of mommy and me time now that the other 2 like the big kid rides!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emmy!

    Thanks so much for all the precious time we could spend with you all! We too wish all of us could hang out more together. The time spent down in CA was wonderful and the kids are sooooo happy they could go on the trip. THese pics are so adorable of the kids together! thanks for taking all of these and all the time spent so you can share 'em!

    ANd no, I am never going on the jungle cruise while it's raining!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, you are so brave to attempt Disneyland in this rain!! Looks like you had a lot of fun though!

    ReplyDelete