Last week, Isabel's class went on a field trip to the Fullerton Arboretum. I wanted to go (so badly) with her but another mom beat me to it. So...we spent the afternoon there today. It was a beautiful day, so sunny and warm. We walked around for a couple hours and saw lots of ducks, fish, birds, turtles (there are turtles there...who knew!?!) and lots of cool flowers. The girls had their first taste of sour grass...at least that what I used to call it. I had to eat some too to convince them to try it...and guess what, I still like it too! We only had one splinter and one small fall...not bad! Next time, I think we'll take some lunch and try a picnic. Looks like we found our new hang out...it was such a wonderful day!
(Another bonus...EVERYONE there had a camera so I didn't have to be shy about taking pictures the whole time we were there!)
Daddy showing Sophie the turtles!
A cool tree to climb on!
The first taste of sour grass! Isabel and Sophie LOVED it!








Such proof that you went to Pomona and didn't go to CSU Fullerton!! I never go there because it reminds me of going to class...haha. You did take some awesome pictures though!
ReplyDeleteLooks fun-I just purchased a family membership to the South Coast Botanical Gardens which is about 5-10 min from us and with that we can get free entrance to something like 14 botanical gardens around So Cal and Fullerton Arboretum is one of them. Excited to go see-haven't been there in years and I thought for $50 for the whole family for a year-its was a pretty good investment! My boys love wandering around "Butterfly Gardens" as they call the children's garden area!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.southcoastbotanicgarden.org/
It is a pretty and peaceful place! I see you are learning some fun effects on your camera! Now teach me! The girls look so cute! Remember we used to eat sour grass at Arbolita all the time, yummy!
ReplyDelete