She knows all her letters (uppercase and lowercase) and numbers and even kept counting past the numbers they were testing her on. At home she has been asking us to say two numbers (like 8 and 3) and then she says 83...and vice versa. She is sounding out her letters and several words. When she came home to a new Biscuit book today, she said she is ready to learn how to read. If she's interested, I'm ready to teach her! Isabel was also very excited and started to teach her in the car on the way home. We are also going to work on drawing bodies on her people. Right now they are heads with arms and legs...which I guess is not the way they should be drawn?!? ;-)
The good thing is Kaite-poo's New Yorker accent is just fine...everyone can understand her. Let's just hope it doesn't disappear completely. She has already started saying "girls" the right way...kinda sad...I really liked hearing her say "gerls" (gay-rls). And the great news is, she does a great job in P.E....and hardly ever falls! Yay for her and her crazy little feet!!!
Way to go Katie!! I can't believe Kinder already...crazy!
ReplyDeleteYeah for you Katie! Sounds like you are more than ready!
ReplyDeleteYay KP!!! I had no doubts she was ready for the Garden of Kinders! The smarts really do run in our family! =)
ReplyDelete