Friday, November 12, 2010

Being a kid...

...comes with some yucky experiences. We had one of those this week...Lice! We realized last Sunday that Isabel's itchy head was a result of lice. We still don't know where she got it from, but we were lucky that no one else in the family got it. I spent all day Monday cleaning everything in the girls' bedroom...washing the bedding, clothing and stuffed animals, vacuuming the entire house...multiple times and wiping everything down with Clorox wipes (not sure if that step was necessary, but it made me feel a little better). Oh...and picking through Isabel's hair. 

I quarantined their room and made the girls sleep in their sleeping bags in the playroom, with just a couple friends and no pillows. After I spent 4 hours everyday for the past week digging bugs and eggs out of her hair, Isabel is finally lice free! Let's just hope we don't have to go through this again.

Oh, and contrary to people's beliefs, lice prefer clean heads...just so y'all don't think we have a dirty kid! ;-)
A sleepover...one of the biggest ways lice is spread, but we only have so many rooms in the house.



Checking Daddy for lice too!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Emily I would probably be scouring the house the way you did also. Poor Isabel. Glad to hear things are all better.

    ReplyDelete