...for Cheerleading, that is!
Isabel and Kaitlin started their new cheerleading class this evening. I know, I know, cheerleading??? It wasn't my first choice, but that's the point...it was their choice. Their activity, their choice...makes sense to me! And hey, I was a cheerleader for a little while, and I turned out just fine. ;)
A couple weeks ago, we got a flyer from school for Champion Youth Outreach programs. Their cheerleading class is for ages 5-7 and it's only $5 per week...pretty perfect! I've been wanting the girls to get into some activities, but it's been hard figuring out times and locations and classes that are interesting to the girls.
They were playing Simon Says to help learn the arm movements...Isabel almost won!
Ugh, I forgot my camera in the car, so I had to use my cell phone.
There's always next week!
The first class went really well. The girls got their pom poms and started to learn some of the basic arm movements and a jump. Isabel seems like a natural and Kaitlin had fun jumping around. At the end of the 12 weeks, they have a competition and last time the Brea squad won first place.
See, a natural! She already knows what a cheerleader is supposed to look like! ;)
The class seems like a lot of fun...which is exactly what I wanted for the girls...something fun! Ava joined the class too and Kaitlin's friend from her class, Liana, is also on the squad. If we decide to do the competition at the end, we'll have to buy the uniform...which is actually pretty cute (we may just have to buy it anyway.)
We'll see how it goes, but so far, so good!


So cute!! $5 - that's so cheap!! That's great.
ReplyDelete