Saturday, May 7, 2011

Birthdays Came Early...

The girls each needed a new bike. Well...we already determined that Isabel would get a bike for her birthday since she has outgrown hers (which would've become Kaitlin's bike). Sophie needed a new one because she outgrew her baby bike and I kinda ran over the back wheel and training wheels of Kaitlin's old bike (which would've become Sophie's when Kaitlin started to use Isabel's old bike). Following me so far? And well, you can't buy 2 kids new bikes and leave the third kid stuck with an old, used bike. Well, I guess you can...but I can't! I just felt too bad about it. So...birthdays came early this year!

I love her purple streamers and seat...

I love her pink tires and black training wheels...

Since Sophie's birthday is next weekend, Jamie and I took her to check out new bikes. She found a cute little Barbie one that fit her perfectly. Kaitlin was shopping with us, so she spent an hour riding a bike around the bike section of Toys R Us with Sophie. She fell in love with a bike and since summer's just around the corner, we thought why not.

And I just love everything about her bike!

We got Isabel's bike the next day since she found one at Target a couple weeks ago that she loved too! There are some pretty ugly bikes out there, so another reason why I pushed to just get them early is because the girls actually picked out really cute ones...and heaven forbid they should change their mind.



For some reason, Kaitlin's bike looks huge and Beli's bike still doesn't seem big enough...but I'm pretty sure we got the right sizes.
(Just for my reference, Sophie has a 16", Kaitlin has an 18" and Beli has a 20" bike.)

Now, I think it should be my turn for a new bike...yea???

No comments:

Post a Comment