Yay...it's my day!
And I must say, I had a wonderful Mother's Day!
I'm so fortunate to do what I love...be a Mom!
And I'm beyond fortunate that I get to do it all day, everyday!
My life is filled with driving the girls from one place to another, endless meals I have to make, huge piles of laundry and dishes I constantly clean, arguments over homework, cleaning rooms and spilled milk (literally), tears from scraped knees and hands that need to be kissed, beautiful hair and shinny white teeth I get to brush, tons of hugs & kisses and an endless supply of love notes...and I couldn't be happier!
After I was showered with handmade cards and gifts this morning, we celebrated Mother's Day with Gran Gran. We met up for brunch at The Embassy Suites. We had such a nice time and the girls were in heaven because their breakfast consisted of marshmallows dipped in chocolate!
Next, we were off to Grandma's house for lunch!
After Grandma's house, the girls and Jamie took me to the movies to see African Cats. I've been wanting to see it forever...or at least since April. It was a perfect pick for Mother's Day...except I did have to explain why the lion was "playing" with the zebra...and then where all the blood came from.
Of course, we hit up El Cholo for dinner and were surprised with a free meal. See, it paid off to go there every Friday night while I was pregnant with Isabel and Kaitlin!
We ended our night with a stop at Grandma Chris' to wish her and Busi a Happy Mother's Day. Unfortunately I completely forgot my camera for that stop...but we had a great time.
Thank you to everyone who made my Mother's Day special. It was a truly wonderful day.
And thank you to those three sweet little girls and wonderful husband who make it all worth it!
I love you guys so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment