Gran Gran bought us a gingerbread house kit this year. We never got around to making it with her, so the girls and I made it this morning in our few hours to spare before our really crazy Christmas rush.
I think I'd like to make this a tradition...gingerbread house on Christmas Eve morning. Since I always spent Christmas Eve with either my mom or my dad, I'm used to it being a special day, so sitting around until dinnertime actually kind of makes me a little sad. This was the perfect cure! We did it two years ago, but last year I painted the walls with hand prints of them on the 24th...the gingerbread house was way more fun!
I'm such a happy mom...the girls kept the mess strictly to the table...amazing!
Our icing was really watery, but no one wanted to wait a few minutes for it to stiffen a bit.
The girls really had their heart set on eating the house when they were done, but since I put it all together with hot glue (so much easier than the frosting), that was kinda out.
That's ok, though, I'm pretty sure the girls ate more candy than they actually put on the house.
We pulled out our tons of Halloween candy and finished off the house with a light dusting of Pixie Stix sugar.
We topped our morning off with a Christmas movie...Kaitlin cleaned the most (of course) so she picked A Very Minty Christmas.











No comments:
Post a Comment