I'm beginning to understand why my mom always said all she ever wanted for her birthday was to spend the day with Reed and me. All I wanted this year was to spend the day with my girls and Jamie...and that's what I got! That, and for everyone (mainly Jamie) to wake up at a decent time so we could get an early start. (Don't get me wrong...a new wardrobe and a camera that works all the time would be nice, but today was great!)
We drove out to Monrovia and hiked around Canyon Park. It was really beautiful out there...canopies of lush trees covered the path and the babbling stream that led us to Monrovia Falls. I'm sure the falls are a bit larger in the spring, but the girls thought it was so cool. We had to jump and climb over rocks in the stream, walk on some very narrow paths and duck under a bunch of trees to get to our destination. We got nice and dirty...and I didn't care one bit!
Since it was our first hike in while, we decided to go with the shortest path which was about a mile and a half, but it really seemed a lot longer to Jamie and me! It's probably because we had to walk pretty slow most of the time and hold the hands of the littlest two girls. I felt like I was holding Sophie up by her arms much of the time. They all did great though, they walked the entire way there and back without complaining! I even warned them I'd be taking lots of pictures, so I got a ton of smiles from them!
![]() |
| Time to rest...and take pictures! |
![]() |
| Next time I'll have to pack Jamie's backpack instead of mine since he ended up carrying it. |
![]() |
| Sorry Sophie, but this is the view we usually get from you! |
![]() |
| On our way out, we were treated with a deer sighting. So cool! |
I see more hikes in our future...I hope! The girls had more fun than I expected!















What a great way to spend your birthday!! Glad you had fun!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday!! You got the family out for a hike...good job. That place looks really beautiful and it looks like everyone had a lot of fun. No complaining...the best part of being out in nature...my kids are the same way. I finally figured out how to get back on your blog...yeah! I've missed seeing your little munchkins faces.
ReplyDeleteLooks like fun! We might have to try it out!
ReplyDelete