Sunday, October 17, 2010

Our Weekend

Our weekend ended up being a lot less busy than we expected because of our gloomy, rainy days. I'm not complaining...I love the dark clouds and rain, but I had hoped to spend some time outside. Maybe next weekend!

Since our beloved Hammy died, the girls have been back to asking for a dog or a cat...so we got them fish! I'm just not ready for the commitment or all the work that goes along with a dog or cat...someday, I promise! Anyways, back to our fish...we already had the small tank and a bunch of live rock from our old larger fish tank, so all we needed was some water and a few starter/test fish. I convinced Jamie to set up a salt water tank again since the fish are so much prettier...plus, he gets to do all the cleaning since he is the pro! All I have to do is make sure the fish are fed! We still need some colorful coral and another plant. Once these fish survive a week or two, we'll get a few more exciting fish.



Introducing...Jamey, Rosie and Wubbzy!
All named by the girls..betcha can't tell who picked which name. ;-)
 
We also all got flu shot...fun, I know! But hey, I really don't want anyone throwing up this year and they seem to work well for us. The girls were so brave! No tears...Yay! They even had to sit by themselves while they got their shot because I had to take Sophie to another room and Jamie got his shot at the same time. Kaiser sure does make it easy to get free flu shots!

The even got toys this time...and luckily I had 3 lollipops in the car (an advantage to not cleaning my car out completely!)

I've slowly been adding some red and yellow to our blueish-turquoise kitchen. This weekend, I added a little more red with my EAT letters. After 5 coats of paint (I still think they need one more coat), they were nice and shiny red to match my Cricut Cake and our fancy popcorn machine!

Lastly, we celebrated my birthday over at Grandpa Dean and Grandma Chris' house. We had a great time with all the family!

Mikaela, Kaitlin, Marissa, Sophie and Beli

 

Everyone singing Happy Birthday to ME! I got two tries at blowing out my candles since I couldn't quite get them all out the first time. But in my defense, I thought I was going to get more help form the girls so I wasn't prepared! =)

 

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday Emily! Saltwater tanks are soo pretty! Don't forget to add nemo to the mix. =)

    ReplyDelete