Today is the day we will finally make it to the Grand Canyon!
We left our room at the Grand Canyon Railway Hotel and headed up the road for an hour.
(All my pictures are from my cell phone and my camera...so the lighting is all different.)
On our drive from Williams to the Grand Canyon, we watched clouds form all around us and watched the lightning in the distance...but it hadn't made it to us...yet!
I was so excited for some more real weather...I love clouds!
We made it!
Lots of people pictures, because there's only so many angels of the Canyon before the pictures get redundant. I know all the people pictures are redundant, too, but I'm good with that. ;)
The rain is coming...
We were doing our best to head back to the car quickly because the thunder was extremely loud and coming right after the lightning. Rain was coming in fast!
But, we had to make a quick stop for a photo op with the deer.
The rain came, the lightning came, the thunder came...and even the hail came...just as we made it to our car. We passed MANY people huddled under the bus stop awnings trying to stay dry. It didn't work.
I'm so glad we opted to skip the shuttle buses and drive it ourselves.
The Grand Canyon was a great experience. I'm really glad we took the girls to see it. They seemed to enjoy it, too, but I think the crazy weather trumped the Canyon for all of us.
Next up...Vegas!
Jamie wasn't real excited to drive all the way home from the Grand Canyon, so he booked us a room at Paris in Las Vegas. The last time we were in Vegas, the girls and I really liked that hotel, so it was a perfect end to our trip.
More heavy rains and lightning almost the whole way to Vegas.
The rain let up just outside the Hoover Dam. We were then hit by a stand storm and then a huge rainbow that was too big to fit in the lens of my camera.
I really wanted to show Isabel where we got her name from so we stopped at the Hoover Dam. It was back to beyond hot again, but everyone humored me as we walked across.
We got Isabel's name from the movie Fools Rush In, and the Dam plays a big part in the movie.
I'm not sure if it's good luck or bad luck to get two of the same fortune, but since it's a good one, we'll take it! Although "next week" can't be much better than this past week.






























No comments:
Post a Comment