Daddy wanted his picture taken with Bob the Builder
The girls with a Bionicle...Sophie was a little scared of him.
Fun on the jungle safari

Wow, it was a busy birthday weekend for us! After 2 cupcake orders on Saturday, we went to lunch at El Cholo to celebrate my birthday with Grandma, Grandpa, Nana, Papa, Geno, Colie & Buddy. There's nothing like a little El Cholo to start off a great birthday!
After lunch, Jamie, the girls and I drove down to Carlsbad to spend the night at The Sheraton with Gran Gran and Grandpa Greg. The hotel was really nice...it's been a while since we've gone on vacationa and stayed at a hotel. Early Sunday morning, (ok, it was 10 am) we all got room service for breakfast (I love room service) and then went over to Legoland. It's really cool, if you stay at The Sheraton, you get to enter the park from a special entrance at the back of Legoland. (It's just a short "3 minute walk"... which was more like 5-6 minutes.) We went on rides for 2 hours with absolutely no lines...really, no lines at all! It was great! Beli & Katie-poo went on some pretty big roller coasters, a couple times each! Legoland is a fun little amusement park, perfect for Beli & Katie-poo. (Sophie needed to be 1 inch taller to be able to go on a bunch of the rides...but she seemed to have fun anyway.) Gran Gran bought us annual passes, so I'm sure we'll be going back soon!
On our way home, we swung by Disneyland so I could pick up my $72 gift card! And then to finish up the day, we went to Benihana for dinner (thanks to another gift card we've had for years)! Two out of the three girls liked their dinner...Sophie wouldn't even touch her chicken. But she sure was quick to eat all of my free birthday pineapple and she swipped my ice cream before I even got to taste it. It was a great birthday weekend...thanks to everyone for making it SO special!!!
And yes, the girls are wearing the same shirts that they wore to Disneyland earlier in the week (yes, I washed them). I liked the way the colors looked in the pictures and was too tired to try to pick out other coordinating tops for the girls. =)
OK, so I would have NEVER noticed the shirts if you hadn't pointed it out...you're so funny! Glad you had a great...and busy birthday weekend!
ReplyDeleteMe either....but "us girls" totally see the need to explain to everybody! Glad you guys had fun at Legoland. I love the blue shirts the girls are wearing, too cute!
ReplyDelete