Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Spring Break has begun... 04/05/10

...and we spent our first day at DCA and Disneyland!
Disneyland...oh, how I've missed you! I'm not sure it's actually Disneyland and DCA that I miss, but the pure joy it brings to the girls! It rained in the morning for a few hours, but as soon as the sun came out (and stayed out), the girls and I headed to California Adventure. We couldn't have picked a more perfect day to go!

First, we got primo parking right next to the elevator.
Next, as we were getting on the tram, the worker told me that there was only half the people at the parks as usual.
I walked right up to buy my pass as other people waited in line on the other side! Score!
Then we stopped at the hat store to buy the girls their ear hats and the worker there gave the girls free princess buttons. I can't believe we've never gotten ears for the girls!
They all have their names on the back. Katie-poo had to settle with "Kaitlin" because they said "Katie-poo" wasn't a proper name. =(


As we walked out of the store, we realized the Pixar Play Parade was going to start. We got front row seats and the girls caught they eye of so many of the characters! It's a GREAT parade...we all LOVED it!


SO Excited!

Almost every character that they waved at waved back! It was great!

The lines for all of the rides were incredibly short! Some we walked right on.
Apparently, Sophie is now kinda afraid of the Monsters, Inc. ride.

We got 2 tortillas at the tortilla factory.

Holding on for dear life on the Mickey Fun Wheel. Poor Sophie REALLY hates this ride!

We got our dinner and again got front row seats for the Electrical Parade where all the kids (Nicole, Adelyn, Lori & Charlotte joined us for the parade) got high fives and kisses from the characters! Fun times while waiting for the Electrical Parade!
Sophie, Kaitlin, Charlotte, Isabel & Adelyn

So Cute!

After the parade, the girls and I headed over to Disneyland...it was late but I figured we were there so let's go have some fun...until someone crashes!Can't go to Disneyland and not ride Buzz Lightyear.
I think I got my high score again...while I was taking pictures, mind you. 562,100...just 38,000 away from level 6...next time!

The good thing about going to Disneyland between 10pm & 12 am...the kid rides have REALLY short lines, the girls are really mellow, we got the front row (the one where I don't have to fold up the stroller) of the tram without waiting in line (in fact, the whole tram waited for us to get on), and we had an extremely quiet and peaceful ride home.

The bad thing...having to push a stroller, packed with 3 kids, that weighs 130+ pounds when I, too, am exhausted!

It was such a fun day/evening...I'm SO glad to have my pass again!

1 comment:

  1. Lots of things to comment on....first love the ears. They look great! The video is so funny. I don't think Sophie enjoyed herself. Cool little pictures. How did you do that? I'm glad you guys have passes again! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete