Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Trip to the Park

Finally, something to blog about!

It was a minimum day today for Isabel and Kaitlin because it's Back to School Night tonight. Since the girls got out of school so early, it was a perfect day to go play at the Fullerton Sports Park. I forgot how much I like that park...it's covered and is rarely crowded. Today we had the park to ourselves for 45 minutes before a couple other kids came along. It was so peaceful! (And a perfect time for me to take tons of pictures!)

Just chillin'!


Loving the slide!


Pretty in pink!

My favorite shot of the day!!!

It was also picture day at school today...a day that always stresses me out for some reason. When I picked up both girls from school, they both told me they had to pose standing up (the cheesy pose with the hand on the hip...not the pose I picked.) Then Isabel told me she wore a headband that she had in her desk...but she made sure to leave her clip in that I had put in her hair. And to top it all off, she thinks the flowers on the headband were on the opposite side of her head than the clip...and she's not even sure if the headband matches! Lovely! I know, I know...it's just a picture and I never expect much from school pictures, but I was so mad! Thankfully, the trip to the park helped me out and I made sure to take lots of pictures of my own...since Isabel owed me and all! ;-)

A quick school update...Both girls are doing great! Still completely happy at school. Isabel's table won prizes last week (for being good, I think) and Isabel won a Hubbard Bone prize for herself too. She is doing a great job of watching out for her little sister...she helped Kaitlin buy lunch for the first time, she plays with her at recess and even took her to the nurse when Kaitlin's tummy hurt. So sweet! Kaitlin is still making lots of new friends...it's cute to see them all compare shoes in the morning when we first get there and to watch them say good bye to each other at the end of the day. Kaitlin keeps getting green bears (a good thing) but did tell me she got in trouble once for talking. Next week she is The Star of the Week...stay tuned for a posting all about it!

Update 10/22/10: I was just reading a journal entry that Isabel wrote in school on picture day. She wrote about how she wore a headband in her picture and how pretty she thinks it will look. Man, I feel like a horrible mom!!! Isabel, if you're reading this in the future...I'm sorry. I know I've already told you that, but I was wrong to get mad about a simple headband. And by the way, your picture turned out beautiful!!!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome school update!! and love the park pics!! Thanks for introducing me to that park...I think it's my favorite too!! Gonna try and go back next week!!

    ReplyDelete