Whew, what a busy two days! Before the festivities could begin, we had to set out our cookies for Santa and sprinkle the reindeer food on the front lawn. We started off our Christmas adventures on Christmas Eve with our first stop at Grandpa Dean and Grandma Chris' house for dinner, dessert and lots of presents! The girls got the ever-popular Zhu Zhu pets (which they have taken everywhere!) and the big Disney Enchanted Musical Vanity among many other fun toys! Jamie got a case of Pacifico...so he sure was HAPPY too!
Our next stop was Grandma and Grandpa's house. It's the first Christmas in their new house, and it sure was nice! We played a game, ate some more food, opened lots more presents and read the story of Christmas and the birth of Jesus from The Bible. By 1:30 am, it was time to go home and get some rest...

The girls
Christmas started out bright and early at our house...well, not really that early, but since the girls went to bed at 1:30...9 am seemed early enough! The girls opened their stockings that Santa filled for them in our bed, a tradition passed down from my family, and then we moved downstairs and opened the rest of the gifts. Isabel's "big" gift was a Nintendo DS, which she has been asking for for months! Katie-poo got a Leapster 2 and Sophie got the Tag Jr reading system and a huge talking Buzz Lightyear. They also got an Easy Bake Oven, Disney Princess baby dolls, a very cool crayon maker, make-up kits, dolls from the new The Princess and The Frog movie and a bunch of other gifts!
Then we moved on to Gran Gran and Grandpa Greg's house for lunch/dinner and of course, to open more presents, including skates for all the girls, a scooter and skateboard. Such a difference in presents...Jamie and I got quiet indoor activities, while Gran Gran got active outdoor gifts. It's a great balance! =) Vonnie, Randy and the gang came over for dinner and our gift card memory game...Jamie and I scored eBay and Jo-Ann's gift cards!
We finished off our night with a stop at Nana and Papa's house where we feasted on more tamales! Mmmm, they were sooo good! We only stayed for a couple hours because Sophie was exhausted...I think we all were.
It was a great 2 days, but I am kinda relieved to be able to relax tomorrow! Eventually we will clean up all the toys, but for now, they are all over the place...and I kinda like it like that! It feels like Christmas!
Merry Christmas! Thanks to everone involved for making it so special!
So many excited pictures with open mouths!

This make-up is better than the last kit she got...no blue eyeshadow!!!
These are a bit bleary (I'm experimenting with not using the flash on my camera), but the looks on their faces are great!


Sophie finished off the half-eaten cookies left by Santa!





Sophie caught in action, throwing a ball at Daddy!
Look what I got!!!! Anyone want to come over to play???
The girls ask for these Buzz Lightyear guns EVERY time we walk out of the ride at Disneyland...and Santa finally brought them!
These next several pictures are my favorites from Christmas...such pretty girls!
Trying out all the gear...



Jackson had fun laughing at Katie-poo and Sophie! Check out his dimples...such a cutie!
Jackson had fun laughing at Katie-poo and Sophie! Check out his dimples...such a cutie!*Just as a side note...I HIGHLY recommend Crayola Washable Markers...Sophie drew a huge purple line on our couch right before we left the house this morning. I had to leave it because we were running late. By the time we got home, 8 hours later, I used a little water and it came right off! (I know, doesn't have much to do with Christmas...but it my eyes, it was a miracle! ;-)
...and to all, a good night!

Great pictures! Love Katie's princess pose! Beli got a skateboard??? Fun!
ReplyDeleteCan't believe you stayed out til 1:30am!! Katie and Abbie will have to get together and ride their scooters...hopefully Abbie will not notice hers is Princess :-)
ReplyDelete