Monday, February 21, 2011

Another Holiday...Another Day Off!

We started our day off with Sophie's dance class, but I just bought a new external flash for my camera so I thought I would hold off on the pictures this week...stay tuned for outstanding pictures next week! I wish...I'm not even sure how to use the thing yet. Hopefully it comes with an extensive instruction manual.

Jamie got the afternoon off work so he could bum around Disneyland with the girls and me...and the rest of the world! Geesh, the place was crowded!

We started off at DCA hoping it wouldn't be too crowded since it never really is...but since half the park is closed because of renovations, everyone was crammed into the few areas that were open. If I didn't have a pass, I'd be asking for my money back! It took us almost 2 hours to get on 2 rides, so we headed over to Disneyland to try our luck. It was even more crowded, so we went on one ride and then Jamie and I bribed the girls with a new pair of shoes so we could hightail it out of there...plus it was pretty cold and windy.


Disneyland always has the most beautiful flowers!
Makes me want do some actual yard work around our house!

Mickey's Fun Wheel...a MUST for us. 
Fake excitement...I think we were waiting for people to get on the ride.


 The real deal!

 Even Sophie likes the Fun Wheel now.

 Poor Beli, I think she was embarrassed to be taking this picture...but Katie-poo really wanted it done.

 Duffy, The Disney Bear...who knew!?!

 Had to go back for a second (or 20th) shot of the beautiful flowers!
But they weren't nearly as beautiful as these girls...

 Twins anyone???

Our first time visiting with Sully...I think?

It was a great day...and at the end, everyone ended up with a new pair of shoes...except me. Hmmm, I may have to work on that.

2 comments:

  1. Nice, love the poppy shots. Hey I got an external flash and a trigger set (I think the trigger was only about $40) but it's cool because you can set up the flash anywhere in a room and it will flash when you take a picture. I haven't used it too much because I'm not real sure what I'm doing, but with the right know how you could probably get some really cool shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful girls! Beautiful flowers! Duffy the Bear - who?

    ReplyDelete