Thursday, February 24, 2011

Our Patriotic Girl

It's that time of year...time for the second grade patriotic performance, A Tribute to America. Isabel has been practicing her songs and the lines she got to say for more than a month now and it all paid off...BIG! All of the second graders did an awesome job...they were all in tune, in sync and knew all of their lines right when they needed to be said. It was really quite impressive. Ok, maybe I was just impressed because Isabel did a great job and looked so beautiful as she sang up on stage. We were all so proud of our little patriotic girl.


 All the second graders.
They all sang This Land is Your Land, My Country Tis of Thee, America the Beautiful, God Bless America, We Love the USA...and many more. Plus the a bunch of the kids came down to the front and recited 4 poems.

 Isabel and Ryan...doing their part.
 She was so relieved when her talking part was over.

 Mrs. Kennedy, the principal, giving the kids a round of applause.

The last song that the kids sang was God Bless the USA. That song usually gets me chocked up a bit on the Fourth of July, but watching Isabel sing it made me full-on cry. I love that song...and loved hearing Isabel sing it.




 Isabel is always so happy when we come to school. I stayed for centers in Kaitlin's class so I saw Isabel at least 10 time more and each time she ran up to me and gave me hugs and kisses. Looks like I need to hang out at the school more often!


 Ahhh, relief...all the stress is over!

It was such a great performance...can't wait til the performances next year!

On a side note, I spent 3 hours searching for the perfect outfit for Isabel to wear for the performance only to find out the night before that she needed to wear red, white or blue...so back to the mall, Target and Payless we went for another 2 hours! Next time I think I'll ask if there's a dress code before I start my shopping!

1 comment:

  1. The 4th picture looks just like you when you were little! So cute!

    ReplyDelete