Saturday, April 23, 2011

Dying Easter Eggs...and Hands!

So, unintentionally, it has become our tradition to dye our Easter eggs the day before Easter. I guess this works out perfectly because it minimizes the time that I have to have stinky hard-boiled eggs sitting around in my fridge. (Actually, hard-boiled is the ONLY way I will eat an egg...but they still smell.) I got a little wiser this year and boiled the eggs the night before so the girls weren't waiting around on me to get it done.

We bought the neon colors this year, but the eggs still didn't turn out as bright as I was hoping...I even used the vinegar method... Who knows, maybe we're just a little too impatient and take the eggs out of the dye too quickly. 


 Little copper egg-holder-thingy...ehhh, who needs it!?!
Little hands get the job done just fine!
Even though Sophie has her egg in the orange...most of her eggs ended up taking a last dip in green.
Such a strange kid...what girl likes green!?! (Oh, I think Nicole used to like green when she was a kid...but at least she liked purple, too!)





 Most of the dye comes off pretty easily...and some of it sticks around for a few days.
 Let's see...can you guess who dyed most of our green eggs?!?

Isabel ate two eggs right after we dyed them. Not sure why that's important, but I felt like it needed to be said. I wish the stores would sell egg-dying kits throughout the year, it's such an easy (and so fun for the girls) activity. I guess I could run out and stock up right now, but that seems like too much trouble.

1 comment:

  1. Nice green hands! I did like green. I think because they were so rare in a M&M package. Or I was just weird.....

    ReplyDelete