Friday, April 1, 2011

Open House!

Tonight's Open House was bittersweet for me. I loved looking at all that the girls have been working on in school and bragging about them to their grandparents and hearing the wonderful thing their teachers had to say about them. But once I got home and I looked through my pictures and all the stuff that was sent home with us, I'm just reminded how quickly kids grow up and how fast the time goes. I'm also reminded how blessed I am that I have the opportunity to spend my mornings, afternoon and evenings with my girls. I know a lot of people who don't get that chance and I'm so happy that I get to. My girls are absolutely wonderful and I'm so lucky to be apart of their lives.

Now, onto the cuteness of everything they showed us in class... Isabel's class was first up. It looked a bit less crowded than Kaitlin's class. I didn't get many pictures of the actual "stuff" that they did in class since we'll get it all anyway.

 (They were all eating a Starburst candy...hence, the funny faces.)
Isabel has moved on to the multiplication math tests now...she sailed through subtraction!

 I love all the things where the girls write something on their own or create something.
And drawings...it's cool to see how the drawings change from month to month.

 We got to look at all the dioramas...we had some stiff competition this year! But ours, um Isabel's, definitely held up well!

 Isabel was so proud of all her work...as she should be!

On to Kailtin's room...
 Her class was all decked out in a farm theme.
 Kaitlin's writing is really neat and her art work is beautiful. I love all her pictures of her farm animals.

 All the baby chicks. I can only remember the name of the one with a purple dot on it's head...Rainbow. Kaitlin's suggested name was chosen too...I'll have to ask her what it was...Fluffy, maybe?

 It's funny how the girls are brave at different things. Isabel is totally brave with animals and things I usually find gross, where as Kaitlin is brave with daring things that could cause pain. And well, Sophie is just brave with it all.
 Kaitlin really wanted to hold the chick, but she just couldn't bring herself to do it.

We made some of these animals during centers. It's cool to be a part of some of it. I love being able to help out in Kaitlin's class. 

 The whole gang...it's so nice that the girls have grandparents that are so active in their lives!
 And I'm thankful that Mrs. Allen knows my need for pictures so she offered to take the picture so I could get in too!


Open House was a success!
I'm so impressed with everything the girls are learning in class. I don't remember learning some of this at their age...life it definitely speeding up.

Thanks to everyone for coming tonight. The girls were so excited to have you all there!

No comments:

Post a Comment