We saved our best activity for the last day of Spring Break...in my opinion.
Nicole and I took the girls to The American Girl store for lunch with their dolls. Grandma Chris joined us for the fun too! The whole experience was really cute. The cafe was decorated in pink and black and the dolls got to sit in high chairs next to the girls. They got their own plates and cups (I kinda hoped they would get fake food too...maybe I should make that suggestion.) We ate cinnamon buns, fruit, pretzel rolls, pasta, sandwiches, pizza, mini cakes, cookies and chocolate mouse while we sipped pink lemonade and iced tea. Lunch was a lot of fun...but not as much fun as what came after.
The "before" shot!
Isabel, Kaitlin and Sophie spent the evening before getting their dolls all ready to go. They brushed their hair and searched for the perfect outfits for their dolls. We even bought Kaitlin a sweater that matched her doll's sweater...except we couldn't find the doll's sweater. Bummer! And Sophie changed her doll's outfit again just minutes before we left the house.
Ready for lunch!
Isabel especially liked the conversation starter cards that were on the table. I think she read almost all of them to us.
When did my baby grow up???
By the way, if she ever asks you, "how do I look?"...make sure you answer with, "BEAUTIFUL!"
Adelyn is the hugger of the bunch! Perfect for the girls...they love it!
After lunch, Grandma Chris treated the girls to a new outfit for each of their dolls for Easter. Next time, I think I'll start with the shopping and end with the lunch, since it's all they could think about while we ate.
It was pretty tough picking out the outfits since they are all SO adorable! (It was my first visit to the store...I'm SO glad I got girls!)
Isabel was pretty smart shopper...she opted for a pet, which is cheaper than most of the outfits...so, she also got to get a less expensive dress that was on special. Smart girl!
The "after" shot...with all the dolls in their new outfits!
Grandpa Dean and Grandma Chris even treated me to my very own American Girl doll! It was rough having to choose between them since they are all so cute. I finally ended up with Ruthie, from the Historical Collection. Her purple dress and green eyes caught my attention. She really is very pretty! And it works out perfectly since the girls often ask me to play with them and their dolls.
On our way out, the girls stopped to read a quick book to their dolls. Next time, we may just come to visit the book store...it's filled with lots of girly books.
We lucked out and avoided all the rain that was supposed to happen. Since it was such a nice day out, we strolled through The Grove for a couple hours.
We watched the water dance in the fountain and took a ride on the trolley.
Kaitlin made sure her doll could see all the sights from the trolley.
For some reason, there was a shirtless Abercrombie model taking pictures with shoppers...so, of course, we had to get a picture, too. I was actually just interested in the Instax camera that the girl was using and I really wanted to see how the pictures turned out. I totally want one now!
It's a cute bunny and great colors, but they didn't do a very good job of covering up the person's skin under the head so the girls saw that it was a "fake Easter Bunny". But then they assured me that the real one is at the mall, which we saw yesterday. Phew...
All of our dolls...in their new outfits.
(Kaitlin's doll, my doll, Isabel's doll and Sophie's doll)
We capped off our night with a quiet dinner and evening at home with Daddy...perfect!
It was such a nice day! I can't wait to go back again. The girls had so much fun...I love seeing them so happy!
It was such a nice day! I can't wait to go back again. The girls had so much fun...I love seeing them so happy!






























Best day of Spring Break! Can't wait to go again with you girls!
ReplyDelete