...and he delivered lots of goodies!
The Easter Bunny filled the girls' baskets up with movies, little big-eyed friends, jump ropes, bubbles, jewelry and more! And he left a bunch of eggs that he filled up for our Easter egg hunt a little later in the day. He leaves them in baskets for Daddy to hide later since we do our egg hunt at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Such a smart bunny to remember this every year!
Jamie and I have decided to stop buying stuffed animals...since we have sooo many...guess the Easter Bunny didn't get the memo! In his/her defense, the girls are sort of "collecting" these guys.
I'm such a kill-joy, I know...but I want to be able to see their faces when they see their goodies...like this...
Another elephant for Katie-poo!
And lots of green stuff for Sophie.
And of course, another pink monkey for Beli.
I'm kinda surprised she hasn't figured out the whole Easter Bunny thing yet...she's been dying for months to get that monkey and the Hannah Montana movie she got.
I love Sophie's green nails in this one!
Since the Easter Bunny brings all the goodies, Daddy and I filled eggs with new bracelets and necklaces for the girls. They were supposed to hunt for those special eggs later...but they couldn't wait!
So many funny things about this picture...Jamie wearing Beli's nerdy glasses (I think he looks like Joe Jonas when we wears them), Beli's funny face and who knows what was up with Sophie's look!?!
Mmmm...Sour Patch Kids for breakfast!
A little later, Jamie and I reminded the girls why we celebrate Easter...and reminded them it's not all about the Easter Bunny and all the candy and toys they receive.
In their words, we celebrate Easter because Jesus loves us! He died to save us from the bad things we do and three days later, he came back to life...because he loves us.
It's as simple as that!
Happy Easter everyone!
We had candy for breakfast, too!
ReplyDelete