Saturday, April 30, 2011

It's Beach Season Again...

So, we had every intention of going to the LA Times Festival of Books today. I had planned on it since I saw the first commercial a couple months ago and marked it on our calendar. I was so excited...we love books around here. But when today came, I just wasn't in the mood. It was going to be a hot day and quite honestly, we need some summer clothes around here more than more books (even though I can spend tons on books and never feel guilty about it). So, instead, we hit up the beach!

The weather couldn't have been more perfect for the beach. It was warm with a breeze that kicked in just as the sun was starting to make us hot. When I'm rich, I think I'll buy a beach house for our springs and summers...

 Lots of sandcastles were built...with our 99 cent store goodies!

We ran out of the house in such a hurry that I completely forgot all out sand toys. After a quick stop at the 99 cent store and $9 later...we were all set! I think I'll be going back for more beach junk...er, stuff...this week.



 Katie-poo was the "ham" for the day...Isabel and Sophie couldn't be bothered with too many pictures today.









Snack time...
Moments later, the bag of goldfish blew over and ended up feeding a ton of birds!




Getting an early start on beach trip means lots more opportunities to go!
I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Can we come when you have your beach house??? Looks like you guys had fun.

    ReplyDelete