Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Introducing Hammy!

Well, we finally did it...we got ourselves a pet! A real one this time.

Here's our cute little Teddy Bear hamster, Hammy!
(Hey, the name is more original than my Teddy Bear hamster that I had when I was a kid...Teddy.)
On the way home, Hammy started to chew her way out of the box so we had to pull over and put her in her ball. At that point, Katie-poo was rethinking this whole hamster thing.

Hamster cages have come A LONG WAY since I was a kid. Wow, that makes me sound kind of old. Hammy's cool pad had so many parts!

Introducing Hammy to her new home!

I have ventured out of my comfort zone a lot these past couple weeks...we've had an endless supply of creepy crawly bugs, I let the girls paint a wall...with non-washable paint, and now we've added a furry little creature to our family.
More pictures to come soon...I didn't want to freak her out with my camera flash!
**Update...12:23 am...We've only had Hammy home for 4 hours and she already escaped! I went in to check on her before bed and we couldn't find her anywhere. We figured she was tucked away in her little house so we started getting ready for bed...until Jamie saw her sitting on the top stair! We couldn't figure out how she escaped until we found a piece of her cage was put in wrong. Ooops!!! She's a sneaky...and quiet...little one! When we put her back in her cage, she went back to the open spot...so I guess she's pretty smart too! Now we just wonder how long she was roaming around!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment