Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Oh Hammy...

...what are we going to do with you?!?

It's great that the girls are getting used to Hammy and playing with her outside of her ball...but there is also a major downside...the opportunity to leave the cage open when putting her back!

All throughout the night last night, I kept waking up to the sound of pitter pattering little feet. I would sit up and look down the hall, thinking one of the girls was up, but their door remained closed...all night! I had no idea what kept waking me up until it was light enough outside to see. I heard the noise again, opened my eyes and saw Hammy playing on the pillows next to my side of the bed! Seriously...she has escaped 3 times in less than 3 weeks! And all 3 times were because the cage was left open! This is going to be a VERY LONG 2 years (or maybe shorter if Hammy keeps having to jump off the dresser by herself!) Jamie had to jump out of bed to catch her, because naturally I was too scared when she jumped out of my hands. Hey, it was early in the morning and I was half asleep!

Tonight, I will be closing the playroom door...which I usually do because she is always awake at night...but I left it open so she wouldn't inhale paint fumes. Forget that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment