Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Last Day of 1st Grade!

Isabel had such a great year in first grade!

I'll be the first to admit that I wasn't thrilled with the combo class...just because I didn't understand why she was in a combo class. (I actually didn't know anything about combo classes...or whatever they are called...before this year.)

BUT, I was wrong! What a great experience Isabel was given. How many kids get a few hours with one teacher and 7 kids?! It was great. And, she got to have Mrs. Allen as her teacher again...how lucky is that!?! (I didn't write that just because you'll be reading this, Mrs. Allen...we are all thankful for what you have done with Isabel. ;-)

Plus, Isabel really got to know Morgan more this year and they have become GREAT friends!
Who could ask for anything more?!?
Isabel, Mrs. Allen & Morgan

Isabel & Mrs. Allen!

FRIENDS!
Esther, Priscilla, Beli & Morgan

So cute!

Isabel did great this year. She finished up first grade being proficient in every area and with a bunch of O's and S+'s. She loves reading and math (a Daddy's girl through and through!) We couldn't be prouder! She is ready for second grade...I have 2 months to brush up on that second grade homework!


AND, she only missed 1 day of school and was only late 4 times! (Not sure why that seems like a big deal, but it kind of is...especially if you've seen or waited in the line to drop her off at school. Let's just hope she gets the second grade classroom by the office. If she has to run up the stairs to get to her class, we may have to retrain Daddy to get her to school earlier than right as the bell is ringing!)

(My disclaimer...there aren't as many pictures of Isabel because I couldn't hang out with Beli all morning at school...but she did have a ton of preschool graduation pictures too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment