We had grand plans today to go to Nicole's mom's house for an afternoon of swimming, but when Katie-poo woke up coughing like a seal, we had to change our plans a bit. The girls were so disappointed...they've been looking forward to swimming with Adelyn since last summer! And they just love going to Joyce's house! We'll try again later this week...
So, instead we headed to our oh-so-favorite Walmart (said with much sarcasm) to buy ourselves a blow-up pool. I opted for a tiny pool this year since we will start swimming lessons with Aunt Lauren next week and because I'm sure the girls will spend a lot of time swimming at Grandma & Grandpa's too! And you know what? The girls had just as much fun as they did last year in our much bigger pool! (I had to throw that one away because we left the water in it a day or two too long and it filled up with tadpoles. Oops!)
Staying home worked out though...I cleaned all the play stuff in the yard (so if anyone wants to play, come on over!) and cleaned out some of the side yard. I used to have to walk through a jungle to get to the trash cans.
May I just say, I'm so glad the girls were blessed with the Portuguese and Mexican skin that tans, not burns! And tans even when they are wearing spf 70! Ahhh, I remember when I used to tan as soon as I walked in to the sun.
She seems to like this new face of hers!
Get better Katie and come on over to swim in a bigger pool, lol! Gosh Katie and Sophie are looking like twins...
ReplyDelete