Sunday, June 27, 2010

Our House...Time to Clean Up!

I love our house. It's quaint (yes, that's another word for small) and homey. I love that I know where the girls are almost all of the time...mostly because I can hear them from any spot in the house. Another room or two would be nice, but that will come with time. We are a close family so living in a small space works for us...most of the time.

With 3 kids and a husband...and let's face it, myself...our house has become a little too lived-in. The plan this summer...clean it up! When we first moved in, our house looked a lot like a Pottery Barn catalog...ahhh, I used to LOVE shopping at Pottery Barn! I didn't like it years ago when certain family members, who will remain nameless, used to compare Jamie and me the neighbors from "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation." You know the ones...their house was quiet & clean and they didn't like the noise and craziness of their neighbors. Not that I want to be called them again, but I fear we are venturing into the land of the Griswold's!


On the list of things to do...and maybe if I type them out, they will actually get done!
  • Curtains for the playroom closet.
  • Curtains for the girl's bedroom closet...I loath those closet doors!
  • Re-paint the walls...at least the bottom 3 feet! And teach the girls not to touch the walls...now I see why my parents stressed that one!
  • Paint the upstairs bathroom and decorate it with something I actually like. (After 8 years, this is the only room we have never painted!)
  • Do something with the downstairs bathroom...not sure what yet...
  • THROW STUFF AWAY!
  • Back-up all our thousands of pictures onto discs...I have a huge fear that our externally back-up drive will crash!
  • Put some pictures of Sophie up in the house...poor kid!
  • Organize the laundry room...again!
  • Organize our closet...again!
  • Make some stuff...sew more...do some stuff with Mod Podge. (I really like that stuff!)
  • Plus, Jamie has a whole list of outside stuff that he wants to do too.
  • All this and HAVE FUN this summer!

Life is short & the girls will only be little (and still want to hang out with me) for a short time...whatever gets done, gets done.

1 comment: