Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Midnight Eclipse

It's that time of year again!
Time for the Eclipse premiere!

Nellie & I...camped out for 12 hours! Don't worry, I know we are crazy!

The girls came too for a few hours.
And the made new friends...I should've gotten their phone number for babysitting! These girls were so nice & played with Beli, Katie-poo & Sophie for hours!

We played our New Moon game...

I won!
Nellie & Lauren didn't!

Jamie was tired...from waiting 3 hours!
Awww, poor guy. ;-)

I can't even begin to describe our day as Nellie and I camped out at the theater waiting to see Eclipse. The abbreviated version...the Brea fire marshall didn't approve the theater's request for a permit to set up lines for all of us crazy Twilight fans. So, the theater said we could stay but the lines would be up to us to monitor. Thankfully, Nellie and I got there at noon and we were the first group for our theater number 5. The next few groups for theater 5 did a good job of lining up behind us. But then people started sitting next to us, out of the line making many people behind us mad (and admittedly, making us mad too!) The one rule we all had was we couldn't block any doors or we would ALL be asked to leave. Most of the time the groups moved but not without some resistance. It was just a mess. Nellie and I were stressed out most of the day mainly because if we got there at noon, we wanted to make sure we got our pick of seats (our group had 8 people & we all wanted to sit by each other).


The story goes on & on...and on ,but after all the drama of the day, we stuck our ground and stayed first in line until we sat down in our theater seats. We got the exact seats we wanted, settled in for another 3 hours and then watched the 2 hour movie. For some strange reason, my feet are really sore this morning. Eclipse was great! Just like the book. I REALLY want to re-read the books now. Thankfully I have some free time this summer. Can't wait for the next 2 movies to come out...they just keep getting better & better! Unfortunately, it looks like we have to wait 17 months until the next movie.

**Looks like the midnight showing of Eclipse set the record for a midnight show (which was previously set by New Moon...which I also went to). And it opened in the most theaters for an opening night. Kind of cool to be included in that!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, happy to hear it was REALLY good. I thought I was obsessed until I was sitting on the porch today and Andy said something about it being the 30th and then I remembered today was the day. So, no, I'm not crazy like you ;)

    ReplyDelete