At the very, very last second, Isabel and Kaitlin decided they wanted to compete in their cheer competition. We weren't going to do the competition because the uniforms were so expensive...and I didn't know if they would stick with this cheer thing...but Jamie and I just couldn't deny the girls the opportunity. So, we got the uniforms and off to the competition we went!
The competition was at Cal Poly Pomona, so at least Jamie and I knew where we were supposed to go. I'm surprised I still knew where parking lot K was located.
Get settled in for a bunch of pictures...I making up for all the past week of no cheer pictures! And I know a lot of these pictures look the same...I'm good with that.
Since we had to get there 2 hours before our time to compete, the girls had lots of time to practice their cheer and dance.
Kaitlin is in the front row and Isabel is in the back row...all done by height...so my pictures of Kaitlin are a bit better. She's just easier to get on camera. Seemed like Isabel always had someone else's pom in her face.
Looking like real cheerleaders!
Isabel's smile slowly came out as the day went on...
Such a great picture of these three!
LOVE these smiles!
Finally inside the gym and waiting their turn...
It's go time!!
Kaitlin in the front row, Isabel is in the back row on the far right.
Jamie and I ended up picking perfect seats...and the girls stood on the perfect side of the judges table, so we had clear shots the whole time!
Their squad did so well. We were so impressed.
Time for the awards!
The Wildcats got 3rd place in their division!
Whoo Hoo!! I was so excited for them!
All decked out with their medals!
Sophie was such a trooper! We were there for 4 hours and she didn't complain once!
Kaitlin and Isabel got trophies too!!
Since we didn't know what to expect, and it was so last minute, we didn't invite anyone to come and watch. But don't worry, all you grandparents will be getting an invite the next time!
It was such a fun day. The girls loved it too. And they even said they want to do it again...which is good since we paid so much for the uniform, they'll be doing it all year!
It was such a fun day. The girls loved it too. And they even said they want to do it again...which is good since we paid so much for the uniform, they'll be doing it all year!
We're so proud of our little cheerleaders!
Jamie made a video too. Instead of waiting forever for it to post on the blog...here's a link...
OMG they are so cute! The 14th picture down looks just like you....crazy! So how did you get the people in the background to not be blurry?
ReplyDelete