Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Trips to the Dentist...Lots of Trips

Sophie had her first dentist appointment today. I know, it's kinda late, especially since Jamie works for the company. But I'm so not a fan of the dentist, so it's a little hard for me to get all rallied up to go. But, we finally did it. Nice that Bright Now now has an office in Brea.

Waiting for our turn...

She was a bit nervous, but she was a trooper and it paid off! She has no cavities and she left with sparkly white teeth, a new tooth brush and Sponge Bob toothpaste. The dentist does want her to use a fluoride treatment at home, but that should be easy enough.
 


(I only took pictures of Sophie since it was her first visit...no more pictures at the dentist after this!)

Isabel, Kaitlin and I also had our appointments this week. I came with Sophie today and it was probably one of my easiest trip to the dentist ever! The new Brea office has all the new technology, so it makes getting cleaning and xrays a breeze...well, mostly! The xrays don't hurt as much as they used to, but they sure made my gag reflexes go into overdrive. And I do need to get a crown instead of my inlay...But I've known that for a while.

Isabel and Kaitlin went to their appointments on Monday. Isabel had a good appointment. Her teeth are super clean but she did get her first cavity...poor kid has my teeth so there may be many more of those to come...but I didn't have to get braces like Daddy...so maybe it's a good trade-off?! It's in between her teeth, so we just have to floss...umm, yea...getting a seven year old to floss should be fun. She'll probably be all for it when she realizes she has to get a shot to get her cavity filled. Eek!

Kaitlin, well, she had a great appointment. No cavities and her teeth are super clean too. And all was well until we got home and I let her roller skate (in the house) after dinner. She ended up falling on her chin (again) and chipped a tooth! Thankfully, the office is open until 7pm, so back to the dentist we went. Kaitlin said the tooth hurt so I wanted to have it checked out and filed down since it was kinda sharp. Thankfully, it was her bottom canine tooth, so it's not noticeable. That kid is going to put me into an early grave!

All in all...four successful trips to the dentist! Now, we just have to get Jamie over there!

1 comment: