Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas Came Early!

For as long as I can remember, the girls have talked about and wanted American Girl dolls. Luckily for us, Grandpa Dean and Grandma Chris are American Girl doll experts. They bought each of the girls their Bitty Babies on their first birthday and this Christmas, they treated the girls to their very own My American Girl dolls. And let me tell you, as soon as I told the girls where they were going, they couldn't contain their excitement and asked when they were going every day for a week!

Grandpa Dean and Grandma Chris picked the girls up Saturday morning. They stopped at McDonald's for lunch and then made their way to the American Girl store at The Grove. I sent my camera with them because I knew it was going to be such a fun day for the girls. I think I've met match...whoever took the pictures took more that I take...amazing!

 Picking out their dolls.
 
Isabel's doll is the only one that looks like herself.
She named her doll Nelly...because it rhymes with Beli.





















Sophie's doll has blond hair and she named her Abbie. Kaitlin's doll has bangs, in case she cuts bangs one day. She named her Cherry, after one of the girls in her class and because she bought a red dress for her.

They each got 2 additional outfits and an accessory for their doll.
Sophie got a beautiful holiday dress, Isabel got an outfit with Ugg-like boots and glasses and Kaitlin got the red dress and earrings...just to name a few items.
The girls got to check out the hair salon and hospital for the dolls and even learned the proper way to brush their dolls' hair. Now we'll have to try that method out on the rest of the girls' dolls!
 
Aunt Lauren and Aunt Nellie are American Girl doll fans too!

So cute!
They match the tree!



Pretzels for a snack...a treat all in itself!


 After a stop at Target and pizza for dinner, the girls headed to Grandpa Dean and Grandma Chris' house for a sleepover. According to the girls, they slept great...hopefully, Grandpa and Grandma did too! 

This was such a special day for the Isabel, Kaitlin and Sophie...and Grandpa Dean and Grandma Chris, I'm sure. I'm glad they got the chance to go...the girls had a wonderful time! Thanks for everything Daddy & Chris!

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures at a great place! I love the Grove and the American Girl store. So does Adelyn! I see a trip there in our future for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beli, Katie, and Sophie are wonderful girls and were a lot of fun to be with. We had a great time and are looking forward to the next outing with them and Abbie, Cherry, and Nelly.

    ReplyDelete