Thursday, June 23, 2011

A little relaxation...and a leaning tower

Day 5...
Some pool time this morning was a definite must! We all needed a little time to recuperate from the Cinque Terre yesterday.


 Using more than one intertube was kinda the thing to do.


 Jumping through multiple intertubes became the challenge of the pool.

 Katie-poo got her first bee sting today. She was just standing by the pool, felt a sting and said "ouch". Thankfully the pain only lasted a couple minutes...and then it was gone.



 A few animal crackers and all is right with the world again.

 We all made our own pizzas for lunch...they almost looked too pretty to eat.

 No tv or internet for 2 weeks, but there were lots of DSi games and ipod touch games. You can't cut the kids off completely!
This girl makes relaxing look easy!



We couldn't let a day go by and not get out to see some sights...at least for a little while. Gran Gran, Grandpa Greg and the 5 of us headed out to Pisa to check out the Leaning Tower of Pisa. And yes, it's still leaning!


 The Leaning Tower of Pisa! (Just in case that wasn't obvious.)

 And yes, we did like all the other tourists in the area...
 But it was way too hard trying to get this little one to do what we said.

 Totally cheesy...we know...and we're good with it!






 Seriously...this is the best I got of the 3 of them at The Leaning Tower of Pisa!?!
It was super hot and really bright...so I guess I 'll let this one pass. ;)


 Ahhh, that's more like it!

 Jamie and I walked the 296 steps up the the top of the tower. Unfortunately, it was only for people older than 8 years old. Total bummer for the girls...guess we'll just have to go back again!

 The view from the top! It was breathtaking...literally! (Since having the girls, I'm not all that comfortable with heights...strange.)

 Mmmm, McDonalds...Jamie and the girls were in heaven!

My favorite tree-lined street along the wall of Lucca. Someday I will live on a street that is covered with trees.


 Man, I love these girls!
They just make life so fun!!

No matter how tourist-y the Leaning Tower of Pisa is, it really is quite cool! I'm so glad they reopened it so we could walk up the steps. It's one of the things I remember most from the trip we took when I was a kid.

1 comment:

  1. Gotta love the Leaning Tower pics! I'm so jealous you got to go up. It was closed when I was there.

    ReplyDelete