Day 7...
Today's the day when we had to drive from Lucca down to Positano...a 6 hour drive!
Again, I couldn't have asked the girl to be better behaved...they were angels. This trip is really proving that they can be great travelers. The car ride was pretty long, but we broke it up with a stop for (a surprisingly good) lunch at a rest stop 1/2 way through. And then we only had to make one more potty break...not bad for 11 people with 5 kids under the age of 8!
The road out of Tuscany was just covered in sunflowers!
Ahhh, Positano...we made it!
Everyone relaxing...
and checking out the new villa.
The view from the bedroom balcony. Our room was at the end, where the 2 chairs are. I won the coin toss, so Jamie and I got first pick of the rooms...after my mom picked hers, of course.
The amazing view from the living room.
Walking/jumping down our steps to the beach...
Every kid-rock collector's dream beach!
Us tourists stuck out like sore thumbs as we (not-so) gracefully tried to walk across the rocks. I'm sure our faces were comical!
I think we brought that teeny-tiny rock home with us...
I asked the girls not to get too wet since we still had to go find dinner... no such luck with that request!
Thanks, Reed for getting some background pictures of me!
(Most unposed pictures of me are from Reed's camera.)
After some time at the beach, we walked back up the steps to the house, jumped in our cars and headed to town for dinner. We ended up eating at 10:30pm at El Fornillo...again, the spaghetti alla bolognese was to die for!
One big ol' slumber party!
The villa in Positano was so nice! It had 5 rooms with private bathrooms, a huge living room and dinning room, balcanies off almost every room, a garden, pool and steps to the beach. Doesn't get much better than this!

This looks like a movie set - I can't believe it's your vacation! Lucky ducks!
ReplyDelete