Wednesday, June 1, 2011

2 Days of Disney Firsts!

**Disclaimer...We haven't had any Disneyland pictures for a while...so there's a bunch!

These 2 trips to Disneyland and DCA were kinda strange for us...they were filled with many "firsts". The girls and I headed over to the parks after school let out on Tuesday and Wednesday since they were preview days for the new ride for pass holders.

First #1...I tried out the Toy Story parking lot. It was SO easy! We were lucky enough to get a spot right next to the bus depot where a bus was waiting for us to board and as soon as we sat down, the doors closed and off we were! On the way back, the line was much shorter than the tram lines and the bus was nice and warm...instead of freezing like the tram. (The experience was just as nice the next day too!)

First #2...Sophie got her first pass to Disneyland. The whole "2 only at Disneyland" was starting to get a bit confusing...plus she really doesn't look 2 anymore.



 First #3...we watched the new parade at Disneyland. It's super cute and has an amazing princess float. And Mary Poppins finally made it into a parade. We even saw Uncle Eric's friend, Kevin, dancing in the parade...both days!


 I don't think I've ever seen Katie-poo so excited at a parade!

 Next we headed over to DCA to wait for Lori and Nicole to ride the new Little Mermaid ride.


 A nice lady let the girls play with the bubble guns while we waited.

 This was not posed...I promise!
 Sophie was pointing our the new ride to Charlie.

 First #4...we rode the new Little Mermaid ride. It was awesome...so cute! It's a lot like the movie without the majorly scary parts. It's perfect for little ones...and adults who love Ariel! We only had to wait 45 minutes the first day and 30 the next day...(not too bad considering the ride was almost 3 hours long on Friday!)





On day 2, the girls and I checked out the Animation Studio for First #5. That place is SO cool! We all loved it. We learned how to draw Tigger and the pictures all turned out pretty good. Can't wait to try it again.

 First #6...we met Handy Manny...pretty sure we've never met him before...on our way to the new Disney Junior show...First #7. It's still cute, but it would've been nice if they had slightly slanted the floor while it was closed for all those months so everyone behind the 1st row could actually see the show.

First #8...we took the train and got off at the Tomorrow Land stop. Can't believe we've never gotten off the train at that stop before, but there isn't a whole lot for us to do on that side of the park. We rode the Buzz ride where I got a new high score for myself...152,400. And then we topped off our night with dinner, the new parade again and a quick spin on Alice.

I'm exhausted just writing this all...we'll be back after our vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment