Saturday, July 3, 2010

11 Years!

Jamie and I have been married for 11 years today, but our journey started almost 19 years ago. I still remember the first time I saw Jamie sitting by the Coke machine in the upper commons at Sonora (oh man, I thought he was sooo cute). And I remember running into class after the first time Jamie said "hi" to me as we walked past each other on the way to class. The really cool thing...Jamie remembers the first time he saw me, with Reed, at Farr's before we had ever met.
(Our first dance together.)

After being together for 7 years, Jamie popped the question after a day at Catalina. We were eating pizza on the beach and we had a very protective seagull keeping the other birds away from us. It's funny the things we remember in life!

We were married several months later on a beautiful, but quite hot, evening. Another thing that worked out in our favor...the Nixon Library was completely booked for the summer, until some one called off their wedding. Bad for them...very good for us!
It has been a great 11 years of marriage. I wont lie, it hasn't always been easy...but really, who's life is easy anyway?! We've grown up, but more importantly, we've grown together. We have so much fun together. I love the life we have created together and I love our girls that we have been blessed with. I love that he takes me to El Cholo, every weekend if that's what I want. I love our relaxing weekends of just hanging out or playing at the park. I love watching him dance around the house with the girls and listening to them all giggle together as they play. The kind of father that he is to our girls makes me love him even more. I love his generous spirit and his caring ways. The list can go on and on...

The best thing about our life together is I am married to the man I love, my best friend. What could be better than all of that?!
Happy Anniversary, Hun! I love you ...always & forever!

2 comments:

  1. You are going old school with that first picture! Love the velvet dress... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! That first pic is pretty awesome. 19 years? Really? Wow, we are getting old! Congrats you guys!

    ReplyDelete