The girls had their first swim lesson today with Aunt Lauren. And man, I'm glad they did...it was 101 degrees out today! So swimming was the perfect way to spend the day.
Kaitlin went first and she did great. She was comfortable in the water instantly, what a difference a year makes! She blew bubbles, floated on her back, kicked her legs while swimming around on the kick board (thanks for those, Nellie), she went under water with any fuss and jumped in the pool and rolled to her back. It's a great start!



Isabel was terrific during her first lesson too. She was back to swimming underwater, jumping in the pool, floating on her back and kicking around the pool (she's a strong kicker). On the list for her this summer...teach her to swim free-style, back stroke and breast stroke (which she already started to do a little).






Sophie had fun swimming too. She swam all around the pool with her little ring on. Usually she swims in a ring with a seat, so she's making improvements too!

Thanks for the hot dogs and cheese puffs, Grandma Chris! We are so easy to please!
By the way, I forgot my camera (the horror!) so I only had my cell phone to take pictures with. No worries though...I'll be sure to take plenty of pictures at the next lesson! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment