Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A New Backpack

This is my backpack that I take along to Disneyland & Knotts. I mainly just put my wallet and camera in it (and anything else that I don't want to leave in the stroller). It's light weight and small and I can stuff it in my bigger backpack when we aren't getting on rides. I hate this backpack...it's pretty ugly, but I got it for free a couple years ago. It wasn't until I saw two teenagers walking around Disneyland with the same backpack that I realized it was time to make a new, maybe more grown-up version. I know it's probably not the hippest backpack style out there...but are backpacks hip anyway??? So, I used these capris...because really, how many pairs of cargo capris and shorts does a girl really need??? Not as many as I have, that's for sure!
And I really wanted a pocket on the front of the backpack, but I didn't want to sew one up myself.

I cut the capris up in to several pieces, sewed them together, added some lining, two cords there you have it...a new backpack! (I went here for a pattern.)

I took one of the pockets from the leg and made a pocket on the back side of the backpack to get to my camera easily...because as we all know, that's the most important thing!

I liked the lining so much that I had to add a flower...plus it makes the backpack a bit more girly...but not as girly as my hot pink backpack!

All that's left of my capris! Too bad they weren't pants...I could've made 2 bags!

3 comments:

  1. You are so crafty! Maybe you can make me a bag too and i'll buy it off you? I've been looking for an over the shoulder type of bag but cant seem to find a design I like.

    We went to Target (a different one) that same day Sophie asked where Michael was. I'm sure if Michael could talk, he'd ask for Sophie too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressed!!! Maybe you can make a mini one with the left overs for one of your minis.

    ReplyDelete