Saturday, August 14, 2010

Staycation...Day 1

For our vacation this year, we had planned on going camping at Bass Lake...yes, camping...but unfortunately, it didn't all work out. So, since Jamie had already taken the time off, we just took a "staycation" instead.

We started off our staycation with a trip to the beach...along with every other Southern Californian. But we were smart and went to the south side of Corona Del Mar State Beach, which was a lot less crowded than the northern part.
These girls love to dig!
SO happy she found the shovel with the green handle. (I know, it looks yellow in this picture...but it's green.)
Watching the sail boats and playing with seaweed.
I think I figured out why I don't have a ton of pictures of Kaitlin at the beach...she's always in this position! (Usually with her head down.)
Look...I was there too!
After the beach, we met up with the rest of the Viramontes family for dinner and a trip to the Griffith Observatory. Apparently, everyone else had the same idea because the place was beyond packed! We would've had to have parked at least a mile or two down hill from the observatory and walked up...the winding road with cars passing by...just to get to the top. So...we went for some frozen yogurt and Disneyland fireworks instead. We'll have to try it out on a week day sometime.

Look...there's the observatory!
Watching the fireworks...from the Mimi's parking lot!
(Our passes are blocked out on Saturdays in the summer.)
A perfect end to a great first day of staycation!

1 comment:

  1. You guys did a lot of driving for one day. Sounds like a road trip! I love how Sophie's tongue sticks out!

    ReplyDelete