One of my not-so-favorite parts of Halloween is pumpkin carving. I don't mind the mess and I like the seeds, but it just takes so long...a lot longer than the girls are interested in...so most of the work ends up being done by Jamie or me.
So, this year we switched it up a bit and painted our pumpkins. And honestly, I think the girls enjoyed SO much more! (I know I did.)
(This was a much better use of my 50mm lens. Now if I can just stop trying to zoom in and out with it. I still need lots of practice.)
I told the girls they could paint whatever they wanted on their pumpkins...anything!
They all painted faces.
Remember that post when I said Sophie doesn't ever want to take her boots off???
She's still wearing them...in her pjs and all!
Milo hung out with us while a little lizard taunted him from outside.
The big pumpkins were finished, but the girls weren't so we gathered all the little ones we had around the house.
Isabel is laughing, not crying, because we all thought her masked pumpkin was awfully cute.
My favorite picture of the day!
I"m totally hoping this becomes our new tradition!

















Pumpking painting is a great idea, especially since they're too young to be holding knives!
ReplyDelete