During Sophie's chapel time today she got to go on stage and hold the Bible during the pledges. She was so excited about doing this...she talked about it for a whole week before.
We could tell she was nervous...she was even swinging back and forth the whole time. And she looked so serious.
She got to say her name and what she was holding.
The only part of the pledges that she actually knows is, "I pledge allegiance" but she lipped the rest of the words so it looked like she knew what she was saying. So cute.
Then, to make the day even better, Sophie got to go on stage again and sing songs for the rest of us to follow along.
I've gone to every chapel service since school started and she has only danced to the songs one time, so I was happy to see her dancing and singing on stage.
She was still nervous, but she did great!
Maybe next time we'll get a smile out of her...but it's quite alright if we don't!
When I picked up Sophie from school today, she actually said she had a good day...because she got to go on stage. (I'm still trying to teach her it's ok to miss me and have fun at the same time.)
(The lighting is kinda funky on these...I didn't want to blind the kids and throw them off with my huge flash!)









No comments:
Post a Comment